And a video that’s a little scary, but funny and so helpful!
I used this recipe as a side with meatloaf, and it was sweet and yummy. It’s very simple:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Peel a butternut squash with your vegetable peeler – this isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to be pretty!
- Cube your butternut squash, using this semi-crazy tip to make the initial cut:
- Put the squash cubes in a 9X12 baking dish, then sprinkle with:
- a drizzle of olive oil, about 1 Tbsp.
- a small handful of dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. of butter – just break it up with your hands and drop the pieces around the dish (germs cook away at 400 degrees F!)
- 1-2 Tbsp. brown sugar, depending on how sweet you like things
- a small amount of rosemary – about 1 tsp. fresh or 1/2 tsp. dry
- Stir then bake uncovered for 30 minutes
This recipe would also work wonderfully with acorn squash or sweet potatoes!