Nothing rings in fall weather like football and squash, and this appetizer is a great way to celebrate both! Thanks to my high-school pal Lisa for this one!
All you’ll need is:
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- 1 package of pepperoni slices (optional)
- 1 small bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- non-stick cooking spray for the sheet pan
This one’s so simple, I can explain it in pictures:
- Put pizza bites in an oven preheated to 400 degrees F and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, turn your broiler to high, and broil for 3 minutes (but watch it, your broiler may be a little hotter or cooler than mine. Here’s what you’re looking for:
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, and enjoy!